Sunday 29 October 2017

October 29th



Dear Pastors, Friends and Supporters,
It is my prayer that this e-mail letter finds you all well and sheltered in the Lord. Psalms 61:1-4 A Psalm of David. Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. (2)  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  (3)  For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. (4)  I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

It has been that kind of week; the rumors of vampires have finally died away and life in the villages is somewhat back to normal bringing them a little peace to an otherwise hard life. We were able to get over to the village and check the progress of the Agogos house. The builders said they would have them moved in Monday the 30th first thing, I will check and send pictures. Putting the floors right takes a lot of time and being this close to the end we don’t want to mess up.
After making plans we were to visit with our friends in Tengani. One of the men working with the ministry there has a daughter who was up here in Blantyre and early in the morning yesterday we picked her up and headed down to her home. The transport was full as Grace, Joy, Heath were also going along for the visit. One of the main reasons was to return Bro. Johns vehicle and pick up our ministry van. We had a very good meeting with Nelson and Shadrack, two of the instructors of their bible institute and quizzed them on some does and don’ts hoping to cut down on our mistakes if/when we have a bible institute at Bible Way Baptist Church, Njuli.  I can’t begin to tell you how hot and dry that place is. As we stepped out of one building to go to another the wind would not cool but it would make you skin feel as if it were burnt, tough place. I had the opportunity to preach to about 55 senior citizens (Agogos) and at the invitation many, many hands were raised to accept the gift of salvation. Went to Rackson’s grandmother’s village, it has been as very long time and it was good to be back visiting and preaching Christ. Again, many people raised their hands to receive Christ. 

This will be the last Malawi report till I get home, I will not have Wi-Fi or access to a computer till then. I am giving my computer to Pastor Rackson as his is dead and has been for several weeks. He needs a computer much more than I do. I will have him remove my e-mail access from this computer but I will be able to receive text, what’s app and e-mail on my phone so please stay in touch.  As always, I thank you for your prayers for the work. I covet them and the support you so graciously have given.
Please pray about:

Souls to be saved
The Bible Institute
An outside cooking area (Kitchen)
The many people who have requested us to visit and preach the true Gospel
Money for a copier for the work
A section of land for buildings
May God bless you richly as he has us in His Son.

Because of the cross,

Bro. Chuck Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment