Monday 9 November 2015

October 15th

Friends, family and supporters,
It is Thursday afternoon and I need to get this report to you before Sheila and Taylor leave this coming Saturday as I am without a computer. There was a missionary who had a much greater need for a computer than I so I gave mine to him.
As I stated in a past e-mail there is a real need here in Njuli or more proper the Bible Way Baptist Ministries. We have come to a point in the work that if nothing is done we will not be able to continue but there will be no more growth. We need a 1.5 ton lorry at a cost of $5000.00 this ministry needs two vehicles. If we continue to use the passenger van as a lorry we will buy two vehicles just one at a time. There is much work to do on Mbulumbuzi and several projects at Njuli. The van was not built to be used to haul cement, gravel, bricks, long poles, steel sheets, much grass for temporary roofs or coffins and mourners. It has done this but it is beginning to wear on the van. Just going to some of the places we need to go cost not only petrol but front ends and tires. To haul enough of any materials even to Njuli we have to make many trips in the van very costly or hire a lorry and pay the going rate. We can buy bricks for a penny but it will cost 4 pennies to haul. At 40,000
bricks that is a lot of money to give to someone else. Going to Tengani or Mozambique takes a heavy toll on the van where a lorry is built for that kind of task. We have our eye on one that is available, it is a 1996 Mitsubishi, 1.5 ton (really a 2 ton) diesel engine with many miles left and body in fair shape. There are many to choice from but this is in the price range that ensures a good working vehicle that can be repaired at little cost. That my friends is the need and I ask that you pray about this on our behalf. The goal is the preaching of the gospel but many secular items are needed for this to happen.
This report is of the last few days and they have been good days for sure. I will report on Tengani, Jesus film and the funeral.
I met up with Sheila on Saturday, the guests left for Ntcheu on Saturday after their women’s conference held on Friday and we had a real good day of fellowship. John asked me to teach on Sunday and I was pleased to. We got there to Tengani from Nsanji at around 0830 and some of the churches lead men went to pick up members in the lorry. Bible school started at 0930 but people were still being delivered after. There were about 140-150 in attendance and I was very enthusiastic in my teaching because of their response to God’s word. Services
were over at 1230. At the invitation several souls came forward to confess Christ. Might I say it was HOT. John and family treated us very well and I was able to spend time with John while working at the compound. It was iron sharping iron and I thank God for men like John and his willingness to care for travelers. John has a very nice home but without power, which happened several time while we were there it is an oven within two minutes. Might I say HOT. During that time we were contacted by Rackson that the container had arrived in country and would be available to unload as soon as the paperwork was completed. It took Rackson two days to get it fixed while John was in Nsanji fretting every phone call and praying all things would work to our good. It seems not all things in the container will be duty free and there will be a charge. That is a 40% blessing. During our time at John’s, Rackson and Taylor presented a Jesus Film at the Mbulumbuzi area with well over 500 in attendance. Many hundreds raised their hands when the invitation was given. It was Taylor’s first time and he said he was stunned and I know what he felt. The next day was Sunday and Rackson held an abbreviated church service and then walked an hour from Njuli to hold a funeral for
a two year old child from Njuli church who died (from malaria) in the hospital on Saturday. Over 1000 were in attendance and it took over two hours for the service and invitation. The invitation brought forth many hundreds of hands calling on the Lord as Saviour. There is no better opportunity to preach the gospel and Rackson was ready to take it. Tomorrow will be the conference for the women of Njuli and it will start at 0900 until it is over. I will have the pleasure of being with Harry and rekindling our friendship. Saturday will be the departure day for the Women of the Well, there is seven in all. Taylor and Sheila will be heading home on the same flight and I and Rackson will be off to a Saturday service. Sunday I will teach at Njuli and Mbulumbuzi. Monday John will be up and we will see what John/Romans is in the container beside 100k and stuff for the ministry. Rackson will have a new 10X10 foot screen for showing the Jesus Film along with a new working keyboard with amp. for drawing crowds for the presentations and church services. We will be working on a new grass building for Mbulumbuzi during the week and I will have my last presentation on Thursday for six hours and come home and get ready for my departure.
This will be my last report till I get home as I have no way of reporting without a computer. Please know we love you all and miss you very much. Your prayers and support have been put to work and have produced much. I pray God’s blessings to you and yours.
Because of the Cross,
Your many faithful friends and co-workers.
Rackson, Grace, Taylor, Sheila and Chuck
On the way in the lorry to pick up for service
Bring them in and we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment