Monday 9 November 2015

November 2nd

Friends, family and supporters,
I am sorry this report has taken so long but as many may already know I gave up my computer while in Malawi. John Fullford, a missionary in Tengani was in great need of a working computer and I had less of a need so I gave him mine. In the process of transferring information from my computer to Sheila’s computer some information files on e-mail were lost and I have had to rebuild my mailing lists. This is not an easy task but I think I have completed it best I can.
After we returned from our trip south we began preparation for the one day women’s conference. A group of ladies from several churches in America came to Malawi to teach the woman about Christ and the roll of woman in the church, home and family. Njuli was the last on their list of visits and I think it was the best visit, they were going home the next day. Sheila participated in two of the presentations, here and in Tengani. She had a grand time and so did the women
of Njuli. It is the first time they have ever had teaching just for them and they liked it.
Saturday, following the women’s conference Friday it was time to get everyone to the airport. We all met at Rackson’s home and at the appropriate time he led to the airport and the rest followed. I put Sheila and Taylor on the plane and when I was sure; Rackson, Grace and I headed back home.
I preached my last sermon for this trip the next day at Njuli and was overjoyed by the love that was shown me on that final day. I still had much to do before I headed back to the states the following Saturday.
Rackson, I and some of the men of the church spent a reasonable amount of time reflecting on the past 5 weeks and what was done well and what we could improve on. It was agreed that the Gospel had been preached and souls were saved, it don’t get any better. Plans are being made for our next trip Lord willing.
Thursday was my last teaching class and it was a long one. I had a 7-hour PowerPoint on church leadership. It was a long hot day but the presentation was well received. Njuli has been in existence since 2009 and was dedicated in 2010. Many changes have occurred over the years and this lesson was requested and needed. I was exhausted by
the end of the day and so was Rackson. It is no easy job being an interpreter to a guy who talks as fast as I talk.
We both slept late the next day but we had to be at Mbulumbuzi at 0900 as we were doing a lot of repair in the structure, much damage had been done by the muslims. We finished around 1300 and we came home so I could pack and get ready for the flight home in the morning. I was very sad to leave my family but I needed to get back to the states to keep the many appointments I have with doctors. It ain’t easy getting old.
At the airport it really hit me that I was leaving a loving family and would not see them for another year. God continued to watch over the work and has blessed us in so many ways allowing us to do many things to hold up His Son to a lost world. We serve a living, loving God who sent His Son to die for our sins. All He has ask is that we would tell someone else about our Saviour. Thanks for helping us do that.
Because of the Cross,
Bro. Chuck, Rackson and Grace
and the family back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment